Pages

Melbourne Winter: My Favourite Things




It's pretty easy to feel miserable in the middle of the coldest part of winter in Melbourne. Everything is dark and grey and the few hours of sunshine are wasted away at a desk in a tall building somewhere. But there is still a lot to love about winters in Melbourne so I want to share my favourites here. I got this idea from the Winter Survival video by hannahyep,

  • Firstly, filling up on Pepppermint Tea (and all types of tea) is awesome. One of my favourite tea moments is right before bed and Sleepytime Tea by Celestial Seasonings is a treat for me when it's on sale
  • The way Melbourne buildings look in the winter sun. My favourite is the Rhodes and Beckett building (probably not the actual name) sandwiched in between the huge multilevels in the picture above. So classic. L once said to me that people don't look up enough in the city to see the beautiful buildings which is so true. I try to appreciate the architecture as much as I can now
  • Making baked goods and then leaving the oven door open to cool down, warming up the kitchen at the same time. Two birds with one stone, can't beat it
  • Sunday roasts
  • My blue owl onesie which the lovely Anna picked up for me is the best piece of clothing invented. Ever. Thank you to whoever made wearing onesies popular
  • Going for walks with A on sunny afternoons. We visited The Tan a few weeks ago and it was fun being bundled up in warm leggings and a beanie while getting some exercise in
  • It's mandarin season
  • When I get to the gym in the dark at 6 in the morning it isn't bonkers busy and I have space to do my thing
  • I asked Kate and her favourite Melbourne winter things are the clothes, coffee, the Melbourne winter sun, gigs in good venues and stalkers don't like the rain
Hopefully these things will get me through the winter and I'll be able to remember them when it gets cold again next year. What are your favourite things to do in Winter?

Thanks so much for reading,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment